Fall 2020 Honey Bunches of Oats® Cereal Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Timing: The “Honey Bunches of Oats® Cereal Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) in Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, Houston, TX, and Dallas, TX begins on September 18th, 2020 at 12:00 am Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends on November 13th, 2020 at 11:59 pm PST (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding residents of New York and Florida), who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and are a (1) a parent or guardian of a participant of the sponsored league, (2) a sibling of a participant of the sponsored league, or (3) a coach or administrator for the sponsored league. For a list of participating leagues (“Participating Leagues”), please email email@example.com. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Employees of LeagueSide, Inc., Post Consumer Brands, Major League Soccer, L.L.C., Soccer United Marketing, LLC (and collectively, the “MLS Entities”), and any of their affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, in-laws, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and by the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor: LeagueSide, Inc. 2401 Walnut st. Philadelphia, PA 19103
Prize Provider: Post Consumer Brands, LLC, 20802 Kensington Blvd, Lakeville, Minnesota 55044
- How to Enter: No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase does not improve the odds of winning.
- Video Entry. To secure two (2) entries for a chance to win a Prize, entrants must post a video on social media (Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter) completing as many juggles of a soccer ball as they can in 30 seconds. To enter your video, upload the link by visiting honeybunchchallenge.com. To qualify for an entry, the video must have Honey Bunches of Oats branding in the frame and the caption must use the hashtag #HoneyBunchChallenge. Qualified branding includes the logo on a soccer jersey or t-shirt, a branded field banner in the background, or a cereal package.
- Online Entry. To enter for one (1) entry for a chance to win a Prize, entrants must register online by visiting honeybunchchallenge.com. Each entrant will be asked to submit an official entry form, which may include, among other things, his/her full name, email address, the name of the League for which the entry is submitted, and related registration information as prompted. Entrant must complete and submit the entry form with all required information for the entry to be eligible. Limit of one (1) Online Entry per e-mail address during the Sweepstakes Period.
- Refer a Friend. You can earn up to three (3) additional entries (“Additional Entry”) in the Sweepstakes when you send the Sweepstakes page to a friend, age 18 or older, by following the Additional Entry instructions on the screen. The friend must enter the Sweepstakes through your referral in order for you to receive an Additional Entry. Limit of three (3) Referral Entries per e-mail address during the Sweepstakes Period.
For All Entries: Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void all of that participant’s entries and that participant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification of participant and voiding of all of participant’s entries. In the event of a dispute as to any email address, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register for such email address will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- Selection of Winner(s): On or around November 13th, 2020 Sponsor will randomly select sixteen (16) potential First Prize winners by selecting one (1) potential winner from each Participating League in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received for such Participating League. In addition, on or about the same date, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner by selecting one (1) potential winner from among all entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. When a potential winner is selected, their immediate family (parents, spouses, siblings, children) is no longer eligible to win. If a winner’s immediate family member is selected, their entry will be removed, and another randomized number will be drawn. Potential winner(s) will be notified by email or telephone on or about November 20th, 2020. Except where prohibited, potential winner may be required to sign and return to the Sponsor, within ten (10) days of being notified, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release, in order to claim his/her prize. If a winner has not reached the age of majority in his/her state of residence, then the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within ten (10) days of the first attempt to contact him/her or if he/she fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize, and an alternate participant will be selected in his/her place from the nominee having received the next highest total number of votes during the Sweepstakes Period. Prize will be fulfilled 2-4 weeks after winner confirmation.
- Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a full year of youth soccer registration fees (up to $500), a $500 Dick’s Sporting Goods Gift Card, and a signed Major League Soccer Jersey. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $1,100. ONE (1) FIRST PRIZE: One (1) winner will be selected as the first prize recipient and will receive a full year of youth soccer registration fees (up to $500) and a $500 Dick’s Sporting Goods Gift Card. ARV of First Prize: $1,000. ONE (1) SECOND PRIZE: One (1) winner will be selected as the second prize recipient and will receive a full year of youth soccer registration fees (up to $500). Total ARV of all prizes: $2,600. FOR ALL PRIZES: No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prize winner may be required to provide Sponsor with his/her social security number and may receive a 1099 IRS tax form at year end for the retail value of the prize. Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by Sponsor. Odds of winning a First Prize or a Second Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for each Participating League. Odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person. Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules in order to claim a prize. Prizes consist only of those items specifically listed as part of the prize – any item, feature, cost or expense not specifically listed as part of the prize is the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Publicity: By accepting prizes, each winner grants to Sponsor Prize Provider and MLS Entities (and their licensees and partners) a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future, and otherwise use entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information, submission and any other information or materials provided by winner, in any and all media now known or hereinafter devised, without territorial restriction (except where prohibited by law), for possible editorial, publicity, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). All submissions, including submission file and content, if applicable, will become the property of Sponsor or Prize Provider, and may be used by Sponsor and Prize Provider for commercial purposes without payment of any kind to the participating entrants. Each entrant agrees to irrevocably and unconditionally transfer and assign to Sponsor and Prize Provider all rights to all information submitted during the Sweepstakes, and agrees to execute and deliver such documents, certificates, assignments and other writings, and take such other actions as may be necessary or desirable to vest in Sponsor and Prize Provider the ownership rights granted to Sponsor and Prize Provider hereunder.
By entering, you are agreeing to opt-in to receive communications from Honey Bunches of Oats cereal and LeagueSide. Your information will never be sold to anyone. You can unsubscribe easily from the communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email communications from Sponsor and Prize Provider.
- General Conditions: Sponsor and Prize Provider are not responsible for problems with the submissions, including, but not limited to, lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected votes, which will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, or cancel the Sweepstakes, and select the winner(s) from the eligible votes received prior to the modification, suspension, or cancellation. Sponsor agrees to take such action in a fair and appropriate manner. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the submission process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any other participant’s submission or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Release and Limitation of Liability: BY RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE, WINNER AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR PRIZE PROVIDER, MLS Entities AND ANY PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OF EACH OF THEIR PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, AFFILIATE AND RELATED COMPANIES, AND EACH OF ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION OF ANY KIND ARISING, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participating process or the Sweepstakes; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Sweepstakes submissions, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (4), late, lost, undeliverable, or damaged mail; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize or while traveling to or from any prize-related activity. Each winner also further acknowledges that the Released Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any prize or this Sweepstakes including but not limited to quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose. If for any reason a participant’s submission is confirmed to have been erroneously lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, participant’s sole remedy is another submission and thereby another vote in the Sweepstakes. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
- Disputes: Participant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate courts located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A.; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
- Winners’ List: For winners’ names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, along with a request to “Honey Bunches of Oats® Cereal Sweepstakes” 2401 Walnut Street Suite 101 Philadelphia, PA 19103. Requests must be received by February 6th, 2021.
**Deadline to enter to win is November 13th, 2020**
Winners will be announced on November 20th, 2020