TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Coach of the Year Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Timing: The “Netspend Coach of the Year Award” Contest (the “Contest”) in Austin, TX begins on March 15th at 12:00 a.m. EST and ends on April 30th, at 11:59 p.m. EST (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
2. Eligibility: Coaches of Participating Schools (as defined herein) are eligible for the Coach of the Year award if nominated by a participant of the Contest. Coaches must be at least 18 years of age, full-time employees of a participating middle or high school, with at least three years of experience as a coach (“Coach”). Participating schools are within a 75 mile radius of Austin, Texas. For a full list of participating schools (“Participating School”’), please review “List of Participating Schools” on leagueside.com/netspendcoy. Coaches must also have proven experience in positively impacting young lives, inside and outside of coaching as detailed by the nominating participant. If selected, the Coach must be committed to participation in the Contest’s promotion and acknowledgement efforts. Coaches may be subject to a background check.
The Contest nominations are open only to Participants (as defined herein) who are legal residents of the state of Texas and who are at least eighteen (18) years old. Employees of TeamSnap, Inc., Netspend, and any of their affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, in-laws, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to win. Nominations are open to all players, parents and/or legal guardians of players of a participating school district, who will nominate a Coach for participation in the Coach of Year Contest, but will not be eligible to win a prize through the Coach of the Year Contest (“Participants”). The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Contest constitutes Participant’s and Coach’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and by the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Sponsor: TeamSnap, Inc., 2045 W Grand Ave., Ste B PMB 23554, Chicago, IL 60612-1577
4. Prize Provider: Netspend Corporation.
5. How to Enter: To nominate an eligible Coach during the Contest Period, Participants shall visit the Netspend website located at leagueside.com/netspendcoachoftheyear and follow the instructions to complete and thereafter submit the entry form which may include your full name, e-mail address, phone number, and a nomination statement answering questions related to the coach being nominated (the “Nomination”). All Nominations are time-stamped when cast. Limit one (1) entry per person and/or per email address. If a Participant chooses to submit a Nomination via a web-enabled mobile device, data rates may apply. Participants should see their wireless service provider for details on rates and capabilities.
A Coach may be nominated more than once if multiple Participants nominate the same Coach. Any attempt by any Participant to obtain multiple Nominations by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods may cause Participant’s Nominations to be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification of that Participant and voiding of all of the Participant’s Nominations. In the event of a dispute as to any email address, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register for such email address will be deemed to be the Participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
NOTE: Internet entry must be made by the entrant, only at the Website. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other web site or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: On or around May 3rd one (1) qualified judge, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will review the Nominations and review the qualitative responses to determine the three total winners from all Participating Schools. The qualified judge will take into account both the number of Nominations AND the qualitative responses to determine the winners. There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner, one (1) 2nd prize winner, and one (1) 3rd prize winner. Potential winner(s) will be notified by email or telephone on or about May 3rd. Except where prohibited, potential winner may be required to sign and return to the Sponsor, within ten (10) days of being notified, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release, in order to claim his/her prize. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within ten (10) days of the first attempt to contact him/her or if he/she fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize, and an alternate participant will be selected in his/her place from the nominee having received the next highest total number of Nominations during the Contest Period. Prize will be fulfilled 2-4 weeks after winner confirmation. For winners’ names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, along with a request to “Netspend Coach of the Year” TeamSnap, Inc., 2045 W Grand Ave., Ste B PMB 23554, Chicago, IL 60612-1577 Requests must be received by June 1st, 2023.
Winning Coach Grand Prize:
- Coach / team on-field photo at Q2 Stadium, May 13, 2023
- Honorary Captain of Austin FC during the Netspend Title Night match programming, Q2 Stadium, May 13, 2023
- Coach / team is highlighted during the Netspend Title Night match programming, Q2 Stadium, May 13, 2023
- Coach + team receive match tickets to Austin FC match, Q2 Stadium, May 13, 2023
- $5,000 awarded to Coach, paid by check
- Merchandise pack (Authentic jersey, hat, scarf, YETI drinkware)
Grand Prize Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $6960
Winning Coach 2nd Prize:
- $2,500 awarded to Coach, paid by check
- Q2 Verde Nets hosted at school
- Merchandise pack (Authentic jersey, hat, scarf, YETI drinkware)
2nd Prize ARV: $3760
Winning Coach 3rd Prize:
- $1,000 awarded to Coach, paid by check
- Netspend to donate co-branded soccer balls to school
- Merchandise pack (Authentic jersey, hat, scarf, YETI drinkware)
3rd Prize ARV: $1760
Total ARV: $12,480
There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Sponsor and/or Prize Provider. Sponsor and/or Prize Provider has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed. All taxes and other expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prize are the sole responsibility of winner(s). Sponsor and/or Prize Provider will furnish an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 to winners for the actual retail value of Prize for the tax year in which Prize was won (for prizes worth more than six hundred dollars ($600)). Sponsor and/or Prize Provider reserve the right to substitute Prize (or portion thereof) with a similar prize (or prize element) of comparable or greater value. Prize cannot be transferred by winner(s) or redeemed for cash and is valid only for the items detailed above, with no substitution of Prize by winner(s).
8. Publicity: By accepting prizes, each winner grants to Sponsor and Prize Provider (and their licensees and partners) a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future, and otherwise use winner(s)’ name, likeness, biographical information, submission and any other information or materials provided by winner, in any and all media now known or hereinafter devised, without territorial restriction (except where prohibited by law), for possible editorial, publicity, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). All Nominations, including Nomination file and content, if applicable, will become the property of Sponsor or Prize Provider, and may be used by Sponsor and Prize Provider for commercial purposes without payment of any kind to the participating entrants or winner(s)’. Each entrant and winner(s) agrees to irrevocably and unconditionally transfer and assign to Sponsor and Prize Provider all rights to all information submitted during the Contest, and agrees to execute and deliver such documents, certificates, assignments and other writings, and take such other actions as may be necessary or desirable to vest in Sponsor and Prize Provider the ownership rights granted to Sponsor and Prize Provider hereunder.
By submitting a Nomination, Participant is agreeing to opt-in to receive communications from Sponsor and Prize Provider. Participant information will never be sold to anyone. Participant can unsubscribe from the communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email communications from Sponsor and Prize Provider.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor and Prize Provider are not responsible for problems with the submissions, including, but not limited to, lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected Nominations, which will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, or cancel the Contest, and select the winner(s) from the eligible Nominations received prior to the modification, suspension, or cancellation. Sponsor agrees to take such action in a fair and appropriate manner. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any other participant’s submission or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Release and Limitation of Liability: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE COACH OF THE YEAR CONTEST COACHES AND PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND PRIZE PROVIDER, AND ANY PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OF EACH OF THEIR PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, AFFILIATE AND RELATED COMPANIES, AND EACH OF ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION OF ANY KIND ARISING, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participating process or the Contest; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Contest submissions, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (4), late, lost, undeliverable, or damaged mail; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize or while traveling to or from any prize-related activity. Each winner also further acknowledges that the Released Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any prize or this Contest including but not limited to quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose. If for any reason a participant’s submission is confirmed to have been erroneously lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, participant’s sole remedy is another submission and thereby another Nomination in the Contest. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
11. Disputes: All disputes will be managed by Sponsor. Participant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate courts located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A.; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A.